cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Mail a specific user on a sharepoint list

Hi,

I need to build a flow who send a mail when a specific Value of a Column change in my sharepoint list.

In my SP List i got 2 column : one for an user and one for a delivery statut
I need to mail the correct user when the delivery statut on the same row change.

I found in PA the option for mail user when a value of a column change but i don't know how to mail the correct user who is assigned to the delivery status on the same row.

Anyone have a solution ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Mail a specific user on a sharepoint list

HI @Manu_Lanikeu 

That changes things a little bit :).

Power Automation will only tell you that something change, not what changed. You need to work around your way to a solution, so here are some ideas:

1. Add a "column changed" in the List. The process that changed the status will update that column, and then Power Automation will know what column changed.
  2. Have two status columns — one hidden and the ones that you show. When there's a change, check if the values are different, and then you'll know what the values that changed are. Send the emails to those users and update the hidden columns with the same values as the visible ones. 

What you need is a feature that is requested already to Microsoft to develop, but for now, we need to do workarounds to get what we need.

Makes sense?

If not please let me know and I'll try to help you further.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Manu_Lanikeu 

You can use the "When an item is created or modified" trigger to do this. You need to be careful so that you're only checking when the value is updated, but you can easily do that as demoed below:

Screenshot_2019-12-09_at_09_39_22.jpg

Then you need to use the email in the same row to send the email (in my case Boss email)

Does it make sense?

If I missed something or some part doesn't make sense, please let me know, and I'll help you further.

Cheers
Manuel

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks,

I forgot to specified there is multiple statuts and user per row

cap1.PNG

I need to mail the Resp 1 when the Statut 1 is changing, same for others statuts and resp in the row.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

HI @Manu_Lanikeu 

That changes things a little bit :).

Power Automation will only tell you that something change, not what changed. You need to work around your way to a solution, so here are some ideas:

1. Add a "column changed" in the List. The process that changed the status will update that column, and then Power Automation will know what column changed.
  2. Have two status columns — one hidden and the ones that you show. When there's a change, check if the values are different, and then you'll know what the values that changed are. Send the emails to those users and update the hidden columns with the same values as the visible ones. 

What you need is a feature that is requested already to Microsoft to develop, but for now, we need to do workarounds to get what we need.

Makes sense?

If not please let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Manu_Lanikeu,

Has your problem been solved by @manuelstgomes 's advice?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,765)