cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrabone99
Frequent Visitor

Mail subject filter

I'm creating a flow that when an e mail arrives it posts the details (from, date, subject, body) into a teams channel, i want to exclude mails with certain words in subject like gone fishing, automatic reply and Out of office.

i've tried with this set up but so far not working is there a better way?

Capturea.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Without the post a message step expanded we can't offer really much insight, as that is likely where the issues lie. From your screenshot, all we can see is that when an email arrives you have a double-and condition, so if the Subject doesn't contains Holiday and Gone Fishing, you'll post a message.

Are you sure you wouldn't want the condition to be an or condition instead of and? Also, you want to likely rethink your logic. You want your action to be in the Yes step when possible, so if the subject Does not contain Holiday, then Yes, post to teams. 

The following documentation is recommended for figuring out the best way to handle your conditions, their logic and expressions: 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Without the post a message step expanded we can't offer really much insight, as that is likely where the issues lie. From your screenshot, all we can see is that when an email arrives you have a double-and condition, so if the Subject doesn't contains Holiday and Gone Fishing, you'll post a message.

Are you sure you wouldn't want the condition to be an or condition instead of and? Also, you want to likely rethink your logic. You want your action to be in the Yes step when possible, so if the subject Does not contain Holiday, then Yes, post to teams. 

The following documentation is recommended for figuring out the best way to handle your conditions, their logic and expressions: 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks for the reply

Are you sure you wouldn't want the condition to be an or condition instead of and? 

and there it was - i was using and instead of or tbh i hadn't even spotted the drop down 🙂 thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,081)