Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaina
Resolver I
Resolver I

Make Excel Cell Value as Trigger Condition in Recurrence/ Scheduled flow

Hi,

I have a flow where in it captures the value presented in Excel and then capture in SharePoint List.

Here's how my excel looks like:

jaina_0-1621323496734.png

I need to set a trigger condition wherein if the RPA_Status = 'Completed' it will only get the data and store it in SP List. 

Here's my flow:

jaina_1-1621323550429.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @jaina ,

you can't build a trigger condition based on values in an Excel file (reading data from Excel comes after the flow is triggered).

But to process the data differently based on the RPA_Status column you can use the 'Filter array' action. After you 'List rows...', filter the 'value' results in the 'Filter array' action to keep only the ones where RPA_Status is equal to 'Completed'. All rows that stay in the output of the 'Filter array' can be just stored.

Then you can add another 'Filter array' to get only the rows where RPA_Status is not equal to 'Completed' and process them differently.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @jaina ,

you can't build a trigger condition based on values in an Excel file (reading data from Excel comes after the flow is triggered).

But to process the data differently based on the RPA_Status column you can use the 'Filter array' action. After you 'List rows...', filter the 'value' results in the 'Filter array' action to keep only the ones where RPA_Status is equal to 'Completed'. All rows that stay in the output of the 'Filter array' can be just stored.

Then you can add another 'Filter array' to get only the rows where RPA_Status is not equal to 'Completed' and process them differently.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,398)