Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjeh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Managed Content Type And Flows

Hello All,

I had made a flow which verifies whether all fields of a document in  SP document library 'Library A' are filled out.

If it was the case that everything is filled out the file will be moved from Library A to Library B. This worked perfectly fine with ''normal fields''  in the sharepoint document library.

However due to other requirements from elsewhere the document library has Site Content Types enabled on the documents.

I used to perform this check: (it is in dutch, but  'is gelijk aan' means  'equals'.    Inhoudstype is the metadata field that used to be a string but now it is a managed content types (if thats what it is called) this check always fails.

flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

what @gjeh  you can do is convert your value into a string by using expresions. 

String('YourColumValue')

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

what @gjeh  you can do is convert your value into a string by using expresions. 

String('YourColumValue')

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

gjeh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks, that did the trick. I thought i already tried it but what ended up being the thing is that the returned value was a 2 dimensional array.  I tried it with   string(value) but that took the entire dictionary, instead i had to use string(value[name]).  the dictionary is split up into several pieces of dynamic content which i didnt notice at first.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,660)