Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
efingdmi
Level: Power Up

Manager Appoval - not for managers

Hi all,

I built a flow with the manager approval function. If someone triggers an action, his manager needs to approve it, then some stuff will be done. This works fine.

But if e.g. a high manager triggers the action, his manager still needs to approve this. But he should be able to do it by himself.

So I want to skip the management approval when reaching a special management level.

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards,

Dominik

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Manager Appoval - not for managers

Hi @efingdmi, you could add a condition that if the Office 365 Get user profile (v2) email = a specific email then don't do the approval action, but apart from that there isn't an action to do what what you want.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

efingdmi
Level: Power Up

Re: Manager Appoval - not for managers

Hi  @RobElliott,

thanks for your answer. This is kind of a workaround but the data needs to be updated manually all the time. I don't like that 🙂

My workaround now is, to check if the requester has direct reporters and if yes, he skips the approval process.

Kind regards,

Dominik

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,969)