cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteConoulty

Managing overlapping flows for VM start up and stop

I have set up a few flows to start and stop VMs when an event is triggered. Both MS Teams request and Microsoft forms. Its great as it means we are only using VMs when needed and provides a good user interface without giving AZURE Portal access.

1. Users can trigger use

2. Users set how long they think they may need the machine for example they may want to run something overnight so ask for 18 hours. 

However, we are looking to use this on a VM that isn't used often but could be used by 3 or 4 people. Any one of them could trigger the flow to start but equally 3 of them could trigger the flow to start for say 12 hours, 4 hours, and 1 hour. The issue is the basic flow will run and switch everyone off within 1 hour so I have 2 annoyed people. 

I get that in reality, this needs to be a child flow of a bigger flow but not 100% sure where to start. I have looked for examples/youtube videos but can't find something to build on. Had anyone done this or seen similar ideas?

PeteConoulty_0-1624623993539.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,063)