cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albion72
Frequent Visitor

Manual flow listing all items whose status in "status" column has changed since last flow

Hi, 

I am new to Power Automate and this flow I am trying to build is way more difficult than those I have built so far. I could really do with some pointers.

When I trigger the flow, I want it to list - ideally as a table in an email - all the items whose status (in the status column of my SharePoint list) has changed since I last triggered the flow. 

I am familiar with how to run a flow when a SharePoint column is modified, but mine would be a manual trigger flow. Would I still be able to use " Get changes to an item or file (properties only)" and the Trigger Window Start/End, and perhaps initiating a variable? Could you tell me which actions and in which order you would use?

I really appreciate any guidance you can give me, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Unless you are storing a time and date stamp somewhere for when the status column changes there is no way to do what you want.  SharePoint will store the time and date when an item was last changed, But unless you store it somewhere there is no way for the flow to know when it was last run and also no way to know whether a change was to the status column or something else.  You would need to save an entry in a data source each time the flow runs and each time the status changes to be able to get the information you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Unless you are storing a time and date stamp somewhere for when the status column changes there is no way to do what you want.  SharePoint will store the time and date when an item was last changed, But unless you store it somewhere there is no way for the flow to know when it was last run and also no way to know whether a change was to the status column or something else.  You would need to save an entry in a data source each time the flow runs and each time the status changes to be able to get the information you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you for your quick reply. That makes sense. What I'll do then is simplify things and store the date/time the flow was last run in Excel (I'm also using Excel in my flow) and then filter my list by modified date greater than the stored date AND status equals completed. This is sufficient for what I intend to achieve. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,252)