Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BO55VXR
Advocate II
Advocate II

Manually starting a flow from a SharePoint page

Hi all,

I have a list of data in SharePoint Online which is manually updated on a regular basis and once a batch of updates is completed, the user needs to "press a button" to then send that data onto a 3rd Party (via SFTP).

Now, I know what I need to do to actually export the data from SharePoint and push it out, then only problem i have is how I can provide a very simple method for the user to actually initiate the process.

All the SharePoint connectors/triggers work on the principle of something happening to an individual list item... add, update, delete etc... however that does not work because the process needs to send EVERYTHING each time..

I've though about using the "HTTP Request" trigger and adding a button, but that requires a PREMIUM licence which the user base does not have.

Any ideas please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BO55VXR ,

You could take a try with the "For a selected item" trigger of sharepoint connector, and then you could trigger the flow in the sharepoint.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BO55VXR ,

You could take a try with the "For a selected item" trigger of sharepoint connector, and then you could trigger the flow in the sharepoint.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,679)