Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Manually trigger a flow to trigger another flow

Hi

Im trying to achive the following. I need a flow that will be available to multiple document librarys in sharepoint. So i have a column in does those librarys that i call button, this contains a button that starts a flow.

Now what i want to do in the end is to run a flow that checks if the file is a specific content type publish it to this locations. Now this is fine if create the flow for each list i want it to run in. 

My Button flow in the list triggers a flow that looks like this.

Manually trigger a flow.

Http send request

The Http send request should send to the new flow that is trigged by a When a HTTP request is recived.

Now i dont know how to get the data i need to make the rest of the flow work. I would need the first flow to send the Http request containing the file, fileid, location of the file and all the fields in the sharepoint list. This way i can re-use them in the flow 2.

But how can i get the data i need to make flow 2 work and trigger in the right file in the right location.

Im new to json so i dont really know how to extract the things i need. I would need Location of the list and the fileid i can then use this in a get item and get more data.

https://veenstra.me.uk/2019/04/29/microsoft-flow-deploying-flows-to-all-your-project-sites-or-maybe-...

Appriciate all help i can get

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Manually trigger a flow to trigger another flow

This is now solved thanks to: https://veenstra.me.uk/2019/04/29/microsoft-flow-deploying-flows-to-all-your-project-sites-or-maybe-...

I can now have one flow that is triggerd from multiple librarys/list and get the siteaddress and fileid dynamicly before the second flow runs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @JimmyWork 

You can refer to the following article to pass data for HTTP request type flows:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Microsoft-Flow-as-a-Service/ba-p/3...

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@yashag2255 Thank you for answering.

What  i cant figure out is how i can get the location or item id if i use Manually trigger a flow.

1. First flow is in a SharePoint list as a button, i use this as a template. This means when i creat a new document library from this template it will have the button in the list and it can call the flow i entered. But i need to get the location of the list and the item id to pass this on to Flow 2.

2. Flow 2 should get the location and item id so i can use triggers that require me to enter a library name and so on.

For example i want flow 2 to start with a Get item, this requires me to have the SIte Address, List Name and File ID. But i dont know how to get this to Flow 2 from Flow 1 using a manually trigger a flow.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This is now solved thanks to: https://veenstra.me.uk/2019/04/29/microsoft-flow-deploying-flows-to-all-your-project-sites-or-maybe-...

I can now have one flow that is triggerd from multiple librarys/list and get the siteaddress and fileid dynamicly before the second flow runs.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (10,856)