cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simpkinspete
Advocate II
Advocate II

Mapping List Calculated Column Value to Word Template

I'm building a flow to take a List item's values, map them to a Microsoft Word template, and save it as a proposal document.  Initially, I ran into issues with formatting the calculated values correctly as currency in the Word template, but I found how to Compose the value as an integer and format it appropriately, as shown in the screenshot below:
Compose function - int(triggerBody()?['CalculatedColumn'])

simpkinspete_0-1614893472235.png

Now I'm running into issues with two values that are unable to be converted to integers.  

"Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose' inputs at line '1' and column '3042': 'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'."

simpkinspete_1-1614893843235.png

Does anyone have suggestions on what I should try next? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Then you want something like:

formatNumber(float(outputs('Compose_2')), 'C2')

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

You need to find out what the value was that it could not convert. You could put a compose before that compose that just has the value that you are trying to put into the int function. Then we can tell you how to fix it.

Do you need the raw inputs/outputs? 

simpkinspete_0-1614894533552.png

simpkinspete_0-1614894782629.png

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Well, you can't convert it to an int because it does not represent an int. You could use float() or formatNumber function. What value do you want to go into Word? instead of 18.66675000000...

I'd love to format it as currency and rounded to the nearest cent, $18.67.

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Then you want something like:

formatNumber(float(outputs('Compose_2')), 'C2')

View solution in original post

That worked perfectly.  I'm going to go back and update my previous Compose steps to consolidate the formatting steps. Thanks for your help!

All of my calculated columns in SharePoint are formatted the same way.  Do you have any ideas why my other values could be formatted as integers but not these? 

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

I'm not sure I understand the question, in this example it was because the number 18.66675000000 cannot be represented as an integer. Because it has numbers after the decimal point, integers can be made from whole numbers only such as "18". Did I misunderstand the question?

No, that makes sense.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (92,637)