Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sany98
Helper I
Helper I

Match data from Forms with an Sharepoint list

Hi.

I am building a flow and i'm stuck now :). In our business, we have two types of computers (leased and purchased). We have a sharepoint list where we have all our leased computers (serial number and computer name). Now we have created a form in Forms where users write in their serial number. Now we want to match the serial number with those in the sharepoint list. If the serial number is in the list then we send an email to the respondent that the computer is leased and if no match then that it is a purchased computer.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Like this....

PrasadAthalye_0-1618399573722.png

length( outputs('Get_items')?['body/value'])
Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sany98 At which step are you stuck? You can use a form trigger and then filter SharePoint List using GetItems Filter. Then use condition to send email... Refer sample flow structure below... I am filtering the List for Carmakers...

PrasadAthalye_0-1618270951876.png

Power Automate Community
sany98
Helper I
Helper I

@PrasadAthalye I'm stuck at the condition step. 

sany98_0-1618301343221.png

sany98_0-1618308242125.png

sany98
Helper I
Helper I

Anyone else who can help me? This thing is driving me mad 🙂

I think you are already filtering on the basis of the serial number. So all that you need to check in the condition, is array count. If it's greater than 0, the Serial number exists else not.

Power Automate Community

How do i do that? I'm still learning :).

Like this....

PrasadAthalye_0-1618399573722.png

length( outputs('Get_items')?['body/value'])

Power Automate Community

but how can I match serial nummber submitted in the Forms with the Serial numbers stored i Sharepoint list? I'm so confused right now :)..

That you are doing in the filter condition of GetItems. Basically, you are only filtering items where Serial Number is matching. If the count is > 0, that means it's a match else not.

Power Automate Community

Thank you it worked! It was just me being stupid :).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (5,436)