cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murderbot
Level: Powered On

Match email submitted in a form to person email in sharepoint

I'm trying to match an email submitted in a form to a person email using a condition, but the flow doesn't find the email address in the Sharepoint list.  The flow 'successfully completes', it just doesn't check the Sharepoint item I want it to. 

1. The flow is triggered by a form response

2.  I then pull all records from my SP list. 

3. Apply to Each 2 is based on the Tech Assets list. (the compose and array commmands are not applicable)

4. The condition runs through the Current User field (a person field) to compare the user email to the email entered in the MS form.  If true, it changes the list item containing that person email, if false it sends me an email with the Sharepoint entry and the form entry (for testing).

The odd thing is that I get emails for all the test entries except for the one that matches and the flow does not catch the matching entry.  I thought perhaps it was capitalization or format (form is string, user email is not(?)) but neither test changed the outcome.  I've also made sure that the fields are pointing back to the right list.

image.pngThe flow segment in question

Thanks for any assistance!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Match email submitted in a form to person email in sharepoint

Hi @Murderbot ,

Do you want to check if the email submitted in a form matches the person email in SharePoint?

I have made a flow likes below for your scenario, please check it for a reference.

In the flow, I initialize a string variable, then create a collection for existing email addresses in the list.

Use the first Condition to check if the variables contain the submitted email.

If yes, add Condition 2 to figure out the specific item.

If no, send an email.

Images for your reference.

Please take a try with it on your side and feel free post back if you need more help.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Murderbot
Level: Powered On

Re: Match email submitted in a form to person email in sharepoint

Thank you for the reply.  Your solution causes the Flow to complete successfully but does not solve the data problem.  In testing your solution I found that when the data is pulled from the SP list, it is not including all the rows.  I tried removing and readding the 'Get Items' function and it did not fix the issue.  There are no filters on the function - I'm not sure why it's not returning all the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,944)