cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tapesh_Patel
Advocate I
Advocate I

Math function auto increment Id

Hi i want to use flow which will increment the number by its value to 1 every time user submits the new response using form, 

does anyone know how?

im trying to use this,

Untitled.png

but evry time i get the same number 1,1,1,1, where as i want 1,2,3,4, to be updated, 

can this be done by using any other functionality, like using add Match function, and if yes how. Thanks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tapesh_Patel ,

Already offer a solution in the link below and please reply to this link if you have any problem:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Auto-Increment-ID-duplication/m-p/518841/highlight/f...

I would offer you the workaround to create a new sharepoint list with a Number type column, and create an item in the list with the Number column save the initial value and update the value once a form response is submitted.

Steps:

1. Create a new list "ListNew" with a Number type column Name "Number", create the first item in the list with the Number column set to 1000, the id of this item would be 1 since this is the first item in the new list, the screenshot of the list as below:

1.png

2. Create a flow to add a new item for the new response when the response is submitted as my screenshot below:

1.png2.png

The flow would get the Number from the listNew, append 1 to the number and use the number to create new item in the list that you need, then update the Number with value(already append 1) in the list.

Hope the solution could help you.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

@Tapesh_Patel  maeby is the same post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Auto-Increment-ID-duplication-using-flow/m-p/5188...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tapesh_Patel ,

Already offer a solution in the link below and please reply to this link if you have any problem:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Auto-Increment-ID-duplication/m-p/518841/highlight/f...

I would offer you the workaround to create a new sharepoint list with a Number type column, and create an item in the list with the Number column save the initial value and update the value once a form response is submitted.

Steps:

1. Create a new list "ListNew" with a Number type column Name "Number", create the first item in the list with the Number column set to 1000, the id of this item would be 1 since this is the first item in the new list, the screenshot of the list as below:

1.png

2. Create a flow to add a new item for the new response when the response is submitted as my screenshot below:

1.png2.png

The flow would get the Number from the listNew, append 1 to the number and use the number to create new item in the list that you need, then update the Number with value(already append 1) in the list.

Hope the solution could help you.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,596)