Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Merge PowerPoint slides

Dear community

I'd like to merge multiple slides together. Ideally, flow would go through all the slides I've prepared in a library and creates a new file/presentation out of it. I've been trying to do that with Get-content, create file and update file, but nothing seems to really give what I need.

Does anyone know how to do that? I wouldn't want to use a 3rd party connector.

Thanks and kind regards,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Merge PowerPoint slides

Flow does not currently have a native connector for PowerPoint files. That said, if you want to get your hands dirty, a .pptx file is just a .zip file. You could create a flow that disassembles the various .pptx files, then combines the slides subfolders from each. Unfortunately, at that point, you'd still have to come up with a way of combining the files back into a new .pptx files, as none of the file based connectors such as OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive or Box have the ability to create archive/zip files, only methods to unpack them. 

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Image reference:

8.PNG

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Flow does not currently have a native connector for PowerPoint files. That said, if you want to get your hands dirty, a .pptx file is just a .zip file. You could create a flow that disassembles the various .pptx files, then combines the slides subfolders from each. Unfortunately, at that point, you'd still have to come up with a way of combining the files back into a new .pptx files, as none of the file based connectors such as OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive or Box have the ability to create archive/zip files, only methods to unpack them. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrQ ,

You could consider using Merge Multiple PowerPoint PPTX Together action.

7.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support
Community Support

Image reference:

8.PNG

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks

Even though this is 3rd party, I gave it a try, but it doesn't really work since the file is always ending up corrupted.

Did you try to open the file after you saved it?

Kind regards,

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrQ,

The result of my test here is that the specified two PPT files can be merged together and can be opened.

Could you share your detailed configuration?

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@v-bacao-msft 

Thanks for your response.

Here is my config:

flow.png

** update **

I edited the flow and used "get file content by path" with which it worked now. I don't know why that is, but I'm happy with this. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,659)