cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaraber
Level: Power Up

Merging Excel files

I receive daily automated emails from our helpdesk ticketing system containing excel attachments that contain statistical data. 

I have built a flow to pull these specific attachments and save them into a dedicated OneDrive folder.  What I would like to do next is to build a second flow task that looks for added/modified files in this OneDrive location, get the rows of the new file and append them to a master document located in the same folder so that I can create a PowerBI dashboard off of the compiled data.

One caveat worth noting is the excel files do not have tables in them, nor is a way to programmatically add a table (unless there is a flow task for that?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Merging Excel files

Hi @jaraber,

Microsoft flow could only get the rows from a excel file with table in onedrive folder,and there is no any function to create a excel table in onedrive connector microsoft flow currently

If the excel files do not have tables in them, I afraid there is no any way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to get the rows from a excel file without table, or the feature to create a excel table in onedrive connector to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jaraber,

Microsoft flow could only get the rows from a excel file with table in onedrive folder,and there is no any function to create a excel table in onedrive connector microsoft flow currently

If the excel files do not have tables in them, I afraid there is no any way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to get the rows from a excel file without table, or the feature to create a excel table in onedrive connector to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @jaraber!

If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum then you need to post the URL to your idea’s thread as a reply to this thread and then "Accept as Solution" on that reply so other users may vote for your Flow Idea and identify the information easily.

Thank You!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
benvega
Level: Powered On

You can save a flow, connect to the OneDrive folder in PowerBI (without the table) and perform the transformations in the query editor. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 365 members 5,639 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: