cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonHough
Level: Powered On

Message ID from a SharePoint List

Hi, 

Within my SPFX application i need to be able to forward and email from the mailbox to another user. I have done a quick test and get the MessageID and put it in a sharepoint list and then i have tried to forward that email. so the flow looks like this : 

So I get the item from SharePoint via the SharePoint ID. Then i get the Message ID from a column within that item. 

Then I get an error code 404 : 

Has anyone attmepted this before ?

Thanks, Jason.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Message ID from a SharePoint List

Hi @JasonHough,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow again? The images you provided could not be checked.

Do you want to get the MessageID from an arrived email first, then forward the email to another user via flow?

Generally, error 404 means that a setting in an action of the flow doesn’t function as expected. Please try to correct the problem inside the flow definition, save the updated flow and then Resubmit to try the run again.

According to your description, I have created two flows for testing.

Flow1 is used to create MessageID in a list for emails arrived in my mail box.

1.PNG

Flow2 is sued to forward the email to another user.

It is triggered by a Button, then Get item from the list, here I used a static ID. Then Forward an email to another user. Select dynamic content EventID for the Message Id field.

A screenshot for your reference.

2.PNG3.PNG

Please take it for a reference and try again with it on your side. 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JasonHough

Hi Mabel, 

On the second flow - on forward an email block - did you get EventID (for message ID) from the GetItem block ? This is exactly how i did it , but i cannot seem to get it working... 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JasonHough,

Yes, I got the EventID (for MessageID) from the action Get item.

How did you get the Message ID and save it to the list? Could you share more details on it? As I mentioned in my previous post, I got the Message ID by creating a separate flow1.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JasonHough

Hi there Mabel, Thanks for helping but I still get 404 saying the mail is not found,,. any ideas why that would be ?
JasonHough

should I be able to search for mail in exchange under track email with the message id ? Because I cannot strangely... my message Id I just lots of letters - is this the format it should be ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,591)