cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Automate Desktop - Retrive emails action

Hello everyone,

I want to connect to gmail mailbox so I can build a POC for a client, I have a mailbox which I can connect through UiPath and I wanted to build it in Power Automate Desktop but I get this error even though I have changed a password, put SSL on...

IMAP and POP are enabled on GMAIL account.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Invalid credentials (Failure): Robin.Core.ActionException: Authentication failed on IMAP server imap.gmail.com. ---> MailKit.Security.AuthenticationException: Invalid credentials (Failure)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapClient.<AuthenticateAsync>d__83.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapClient.Authenticate(Encoding encoding, ICredentials credentials, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailKit.MailService.Authenticate(Encoding encoding, String userName, String password, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Robin.Modules.Email.Actions.EmailActions.RetrieveEmails(Variant imapServer, Variant username, Variant varPassword, Variant mailFolder, Variant fromContains, Variant toContains, Variant subjectContains, Variant bodyContains, Variant sentSince, Variant sentUpTo, Variant saveAttachmentsInto, Variant& retrievedEmails, Int32 serverPort, Boolean enableSsl, Int32 retrieveOnlyUnread, Boolean saveAttachments, Boolean markAsRead, Boolean acceptUntrustedCertificates)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Robin.Modules.Email.Actions.RetrieveEmails.Execute(ActionContext context)
at Robin.Runtime.Engine.ActionRunner.RunAction(String action, Dictionary`2 inputArguments, Dictionary`2 outputArguments, IActionStatement statement)

Cheers,

Dino

5 REPLIES 5
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Google is closing more and more their APIs and in the future is possible that there won't be a possibility to use the Gmail connector.

Here's a blog post warning about the changes. More will come for sure:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/upcoming-changes-to-the-gmail-connector/

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @manuelstgomes,

problem does not come on Connector in Power Platform but in Power Automate Desktop (preview) so I don't know if we are thinking about the same product, this is a desktop version of Power Automate (Softomotive WinAutomation rebranded).

Cheers,

Dino

@Anonymous 

Did you find the answer to this, if so, please share the same here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ndd, Microsoft discontinued connecting with GMAIL so you need to use GSUITE to connect with Gmail services.

Best regards,

Dino

ndd
Helper I
Helper I

@AnonymousThank You very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,307)