cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aldirjr

Microsoft Dataverse - Compare String x Lookup

Hello,
I have a Payments table with a Lookup field with the Clients name. And I have the Clients table.

How do I compare 'John Smith' from the Payments table, with 'John Smith' of the Clients table?

When I try to compare, I end up comparing 'a4gg8e53-1c03-ae22-b823-800d3a795771' (Payments table) with 'John Smith' (Clients Table)

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aldirjr :

a4gg8e53-1c03-ae22-b823-800d3a795771 is the unique identifier in the table, I assume the table corresponding to this lookupfield is the Clients Table. Then you need to use this unique identifier to find the corresponding record in the Clients Table (use the Filter array action, and then use the First function to get the first record returned), and then use the value of the Clients name in this record to go and ' John Smith' comparison.

I think this link will help you a lot:

Getting the text value of CDS Lookup? 

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aldirjr :

a4gg8e53-1c03-ae22-b823-800d3a795771 is the unique identifier in the table, I assume the table corresponding to this lookupfield is the Clients Table. Then you need to use this unique identifier to find the corresponding record in the Clients Table (use the Filter array action, and then use the First function to get the first record returned), and then use the value of the Clients name in this record to go and ' John Smith' comparison.

I think this link will help you a lot:

Getting the text value of CDS Lookup? 

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,156)