cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamac93

Microsoft Flow Email Attachment Into SharePoint Document Library - File Extensions Type Error

Hi All,

I'm having issues with the Flow of saving email attachments into my SharePoint folder. It all works fine, however when the file is saved into SharePoint, the file has no extensions, and is corrupt.

For instance, the original file being sent in the original email is a PDF file, however when saved into SharePoint, has no extension defined and is corrupt. I've seen some suggestions to define the extension, however I do not want to limit the files saved as to only PDF files. I have previously managed to get it to work, where the PDF format was stated, however the file was still corrupt and could not be opened.

Any suggestions or anyone who has gotten through this would be great. 

Cheers

Flow1.JPG

The above flow runs fine, however below, the PDF file is saved without an extension. I have previously managed to get it to work, where the PDF format was stated, however the file was still corrupt and could not be opened.

sharepoint.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kamac93 ,

Please try to add Attachment Name after string variable:

54.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kamac93 ,

Please try to add Attachment Name after string variable:

54.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,312)