cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayalessi
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Flow Fails

I am trying to figure out if a Microsoft Flow fails if it could update a SharePoint List column that would state that the flow failed and on what date. Is this possible?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jay

3 REPLIES 3
mattias1172
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can test if an individual action within the Flow fails. 

In the ... for each action, there is a "Configure run after" option.

mattias1172_0-1647367859217.png

Inside here, you can set when the selected action will run based on the previous action. In the below example, this is a normal setup where the delete email action runs if the rename file action succeeds. 

mattias1172_1-1647367923870.png

You could instead, uncheck "is successful" and check of "has failed" and/or "has timed out". This branch will then only run if the previous action failed or timed out. 

Thanks for that, sorry to clarify, I mean if the flow fails as in if it goes past 28 days (which is the magic # of when the flow will break permanently). 

Jcook
MVP

Hello @jayalessi,

You want to put your actions inside a scope action. Search scope on the add a new action and use this.

Scope is a container for actions.

Than we can set the Timeout policy on the scope to timeout in 27 days. This will timeout after 27 days resulting in a failed action.

Here is an awesome post explaining this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Flow-time-out/td-p/772388

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,002)