Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pablofernandez
Level: Powered On

Microsoft Flow - Flow Counter

Hello all, 

I am creating one Flow for downloading attachements from Outlook to a Sharepoint Folder. I need to create a ID for them, so I was looking how i could create a global variable in flow, i didn´t find how, so i create a sharepoint list where one field is updated on each flow, but with this method, sometimes if one flow is close to the previous one i am getting this error:

Save Conflict. Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user. If you want your changes to be applied

I´ve tried to set a variable, but looks like only work over each flow (local) . Any idea how i could set up a counter on my flow? Which option do you think is the best one? 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft Flow - Flow Counter

Hi @Pablofernandez,

Do you have a custom column for the ID in your library for each attachment? Do you want to update the ID column whenever the flow is triggered?

If yes, please try to use the action Increment variable to see if it will meet your requirement.

Please check the following screenshot for a reference. In the Increment variable action, select ItemId from the action Create file. Then use the variable for the No. field.

Note: No. is the custom column I created in the library for the ID.

Please take it for a reference.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Pablofernandez

Helo @v-yamao-msft, Thank you for your answer, 

Variable doesn´t look like feed to me because, it doesn´t mantain the value for the next flow, it works as local variable not as global variable. 

See below my configuration. My problem is the mailbox could recieve about 20 e-mails at the same moment, so looks like set up a global variable on a sharepoint list is not a good solution because of the error 400 mentioned before. I got error 400 in update item and 409 in the creation of the item, I´ve changed the settings of the steps increasing the retry policy and the timeout and now I´ve just have the error 400 in "Update Item". So i am looking for a better global variable. 

Settings.pngExample.png

Chicko29

Ever found a solution?

Please share if you did!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 85 members 1,721 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: