cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gangula
Level: Powered On

Microsoft Flow: Get files (properties only) of file only in a specific folder

I'm trying to copy all the files in a folder(excluding the sub-folders) I have in SharePoint using the "Get files (properties only)" action. I tried to use the "Filter Array" action to filter out the list using the folder path. The filter array is working fine but I'm not able to use that in the Copy file Action. 

I have seen a similar question asked before, but that did not have a solution I'm looking for. It had a workaround, but I'm looking for a simpler solution.

2018-11-15_17-39-52.pngCopy files

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft Flow: Get files (properties only) of file only in a specific folder

Hi @Gangula,

I did a test on my side, and fields like {Path} seem to be invalid in Filter Query.

Using Filter array is a good choice, I have configured it based on what you provided.

In the condition of the Filter query, a judgment is added to check whether the item under this path is a folder. If it is a folder, it needs to be excluded.

Formula reference:

@and(equals(item()?['{Path}'], 'Copy/Test123/'),equals(item()?['{IsFolder}'], false))

Then use items(‘Apply_to_each’)[‘ {Identifier}’] in File to copy field to get the Id of the filtered files, then copy the file to the destination.

Image reference:

47.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft Flow: Get files (properties only) of file only in a specific folder

Hi @Gangula,

I did a test on my side, and fields like {Path} seem to be invalid in Filter Query.

Using Filter array is a good choice, I have configured it based on what you provided.

In the condition of the Filter query, a judgment is added to check whether the item under this path is a folder. If it is a folder, it needs to be excluded.

Formula reference:

@and(equals(item()?['{Path}'], 'Copy/Test123/'),equals(item()?['{IsFolder}'], false))

Then use items(‘Apply_to_each’)[‘ {Identifier}’] in File to copy field to get the Id of the filtered files, then copy the file to the destination.

Image reference:

47.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Gangula
Level: Powered On

@v-bacao-msft, Thank you for the reply. Based on your solution I found another way to solve the issue. 

2018-11-16_18-48-42.pngCopy files from specific folder

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 322 members 5,600 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: