cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeT71
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Flow - Updating Planner Task

This may have been asked before, or a rookie move by myself but I haven't been able to change my progress state for a task in Planner using Flow.

On updating the task (which works) I have tried the following:

Setting to a number value i.e 50 as it ties to a percentComplete field.

Setting to a variable that mirrors the names of the main progress states i.e (In progress).

all of which come back with percentComplete 0. I know there are drop downs of the three options also, but i dont really want to update the planner for assigned person and then have multiple conditions to update the task again for 1 of the three states (i.e one update with it dynamically set). Any help would be appreciated. Reply I have the same

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Microsoft Flow - Updating Planner Task

Hi @MikeT71,

Do you want to update the planner task's percentComplete to 50?

I have made a test on my side and I afraid that we could only update the progress states to In progress,not started or completed in microsoft flow currently.

If you want to update the planner task's percentComplete in microsoft flow,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

MikeT71
Frequent Visitor

Re: Microsoft Flow - Updating Planner Task

Hi Alice, thanks for the response, Im not worried about what format it takes, In progress and completed are also fine to be updated to.

But i couldnt see how i could have one update with it dynamically setting that status, for example it didnt work if I had a variable just saying 'In progress'. It only seemed to work if i had the update hardcoded to one of the drop down options rather than a custom string of the same name.

I can use a work around of having multiple conditions which contain an update to planner with the hardcoded value from the drop down based on a value, but this just seems like a lot of work for something as simple as letting it be dynamic based on a variable string that is of identical value to the hard coded list. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,632)