Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neill_long
Helper V
Helper V

Microsoft Form Response to go through approval route

Hello,

Is it possible to set up a flow to do the following scenario:

1. I have Microsoft Form which students complete.  The response details is then emailed to a department to assess.

2. On the email the department receive, looking to have a couple of options, they need to be able to approve or reject the application, and if they approve it, they have to choose what they are approved for (choice field) and also have a text field/s to enter additional information

3. Submit their approval/rejection notification.  If approved, the data is saved into a spreadsheet.

Step 2 is where i am struggling.  I can get the details of the form emailed to an email address.  I can also have the email with options where is has the choice fields, but i there is no option for a text input.

Would anyone be able to advise if this is possible and how to set up?

thanks

Alistair

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @neill_long 

Have a look at adaptive card. Please see below links.

Adaptive Cards for Outlook Actionable Messages using Power Automate | Power Platform | D365 Demystif...

Adaptive Cards Overview - Adaptive Cards | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm 

Thank you for your response.

This definitely looks like it will do what i am hoping to achieve, however, would my understanding be right that to be able to get the response, I would have to have the necessary licence to access the premium trigger - when an HTTP request is received.

If that is the case then unless there is an alternative way to get the response and then save that response to a spreadsheet then i'm not sure I will be able to use that?

Hi @neill_long 

Yes thats correct. Have you got SharePoint in your organisation? Other option I am thinking is store the response in a SharePoint list and manage it from there. You may need to extend the list with additional column for Approval.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm 

Yes we have SharePoint and that could be a solution if I was able to set that up.  I'll have a look and see what i can find.  Complete novice on Adaptive Cards and how to set up so if you have any guidance or help guides you are able to share that would be appreciated

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,263)