cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLCarter1976
Helper II
Helper II

Microsoft Forms, SharePoint Document Library, multiple files, associate together

We have an InfoPath form with MULTIPLE attachments that go into the form itself!  It is all awful.

I am trying to drag it into the 21st century and trying to figure out some possible ways to get multiple attachments in a document library to make it easy to route documents and to get them out instead of stuck in the attachment, like in a Microsoft Lists.

So I am trying that people can use Microsoft Forms with multiple attachment options and then ...I get lost!  I am trying to figure out how to get them to be associated with ONE ID.  I know I can make and use the ID option to "link" files together, so say 5 attachments can be "linked" by an ID say of the Document, so I could link say ID 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to say an ID of say "DL-ID-3" or something.

What we are doing is a file approval system.  People upload multiple files and it is routed (approvals) to different people based on the options they select, such as Finance, HR, IT, etc.

I know how to get one file attachment to a document library, I don't know how to get say a Microsoft Forms with the ability to add say 5 files, to make them all "connect".

1 REPLY 1
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @MLCarter1976 

Have a look at this video. At the end of the video it explains about multiple attachments to a document library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb_k8vOERpU

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,535)