Has anyone ever come across a problem where:
- Created a Form with questions
- Created Flow to Get response details and write to Sharepoint.
The problem is when multiple forms (let's say 3) is submitted, but response have not been received yet (therefore pending), that when any one of those 3 forms have responded that it thinks the other 2 have also responded and there written the same response to all the columns in Sharepoint?
Is there a way that Forms will always create a unique reponse ID or the like?
Hi @Julian_C ,
How is your flow created? Could you share screenshot on your flow configuration?
You mentioned that “when multiple forms are submitted”, do you have multiple flows for each form?
When working with Microsoft Forms, we could use action Get response details to the detailed info from the form, in the Response Id field, you need to specify a unique identifier of the response.
Here I have set up a flow likes below for your reference.
Hi @v-yamao-msft Mabel,
Thanks for your reply,
That is the way it is setup at the moment from the screenshot.
Difficult to explain but there is 3 flows to achieve a certain task. (to give us more time than the 30day limit of each flow)
1. Collects Initial Data and writes to Sharepoint, then HTTP POST
2. HTTP GET, then sends email out to person concerned to fill form with a share link, collect response and update same Sharepoint Row created in 1. HTTP POST (Combines data from 1)
3. HTTP GET (all data from 1 and 2)
Number 2 is where the problem can occur, for example multiple part 2 can be running concurrently. e.g the form has been sent to 2 or more people.
The "responseID" is a hit and miss when it comes to being a unique value.
Hope this makes sense.
Not sure how to "upload" a screenshot, as the source is the host machine.
Hi @Julian_C ,
It would be easier for understanding with screenshots on your flow.
You could upload images by clicking the Camera icon when editing the reply. Before uploading, please save your files on your local device.
This is a screenshot of the summary:
Please note I have highlighted the wrong bit, it is the one for 15th and 27th, NOT the one marked 7th.
- It starts from the outlook email which contains the form share link as mentioned.
- Form ID is picked on next step
- Apply to each to Get response details
- The one dated 15/06/19, email was sent to Person A before that time and had no response.
- The one dated 27/06/19, email was sent Person B before that time and had no response.
- Some time later Person B responded and did all the correct flow steps etc, however it also triggered and finished off the flow dated 15/06/19 with the same responses Person B submitted where Person A still has not responded.
Did you find any solution for this?
I too have 2 forms in a flow that works like when HR fills in the first form it send an email to the hiring manager with the details of the first one and a link to the second form. But the problem arises when HR fills the first form multiple times so it goes to different managers and if only one of them fills theirs' , the data gets duplicated for the rest.
Is there a way we can match/compare each form response Id?
The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!
We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications