cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlotte17
Regular Visitor

Microsoft Forms to SharePoint List Using Power Automate - Choice Column Issue

Hello all,

I’m having an issue with Power Automate, and any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

I have a Microsoft Form, and I’m using the responses to it to populate a SharePoint list. However, the first flow I set up to do this populated the choice columns as text in brackets, for example ["Answer 1"], rather than with the colourful choice bubbles.

Original.png

I found a website which helped me to solve this issue, to an extent, however, something is still going wrong. For reference, here is the website: https://www.intelogy.co.uk/blog/how-to-populate-a-multi-select-column-in-sharepoint-from-forms/

With my most recent flow, based off of this website, I have four multichoice columns, and all of the relevant answers are now populating as choice bubbles, but whatever the last column to be populated with the flow is, it creates multiple rows, and populates the answers one by one. For example, whereas the other, previous columns with multiple answers populate fine, the final one populates several rows, the first with ANSWER 1, the second with ANSWER 1, ANSWER 2, and then, if there’s three answers, the third and final row contains ANSWER 1, ANSWER 2, ANSWER 3, which is what I wanted from the start. In each of these additional rows, the other, earlier multichoice columns are populated as they should be.

Multiple Rows.png

I’ve tried experimenting and amending the flow in a number of different ways, but if I move the create item action from either apply to each loop it’s in, the columns go back to populating as text, except they start populating as expressions, for example:

[{"Value":"Answer 1"}],[{"Value":"Answer 2"}]

Does anyone have any idea as to how I can solve the issue I’m having, so that with each Form response, only one row will be created, and it will contain the answers to multichoice questions as choice bubbles?

Thanks in advance. If you have any questions, or need me to clarify anything, just let me know.

Here are some screenshots:

The start of the flow:

Start.png

In the last apply to each:

End.png

The details:

Expression for 'Format form output', 'Inputs' - replace(replace(replace(body('Get_response_details_4')?['phy7d4chc7gf32ex6hkb85vj'],'","','|'), '["',''), '"]','')

Expression for 'Split previous output into array', 'Inputs' - split(outputs('Format_form_output_4'), '|')

Steps.png

Create Item.png

And above, what it looks like in 'Create item'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimmyWork
Super User
Super User

Maybe this helps if I understood it correctly.
- Form has a multi select choice option.

- SharePoint list has a multi choice column.

You want to populate the multi choice column in SharePoint with all the selected options from the form multi select option?

If the above is correct then do the following.

1. Create a Select

From = 

json(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/This should be the multi select option in forms output'])
You can find this part in the response details int he body will be a bunch of random letters and numbers
Example: 
json(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/re1cf9fda3b5b43fe86823a1b19833HD'])
Map = Value and item()
2022-01-19 21_04_55-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

The output of the select is the one you should add to your SharePoint multi choice column.

Example of output.

[
  {
    "Value": "Website"
  },
  {
    "Value": "I'm not sure (we will confirm this with you)"
  }
]

In my example my multi choice columns name is Platform.
2022-01-19 21_05_18-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Final result looks like this.

Blurred some text. But this way you can add multi choice from a form into a multi choice column in SharePoint

2022-01-19 21_07_38-General (DEMO-ONLINE-FORM) _ Microsoft Teams.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JimmyWork
Super User
Super User

Maybe this helps if I understood it correctly.
- Form has a multi select choice option.

- SharePoint list has a multi choice column.

You want to populate the multi choice column in SharePoint with all the selected options from the form multi select option?

If the above is correct then do the following.

1. Create a Select

From = 

json(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/This should be the multi select option in forms output'])
You can find this part in the response details int he body will be a bunch of random letters and numbers
Example: 
json(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/re1cf9fda3b5b43fe86823a1b19833HD'])
Map = Value and item()
2022-01-19 21_04_55-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

The output of the select is the one you should add to your SharePoint multi choice column.

Example of output.

[
  {
    "Value": "Website"
  },
  {
    "Value": "I'm not sure (we will confirm this with you)"
  }
]

In my example my multi choice columns name is Platform.
2022-01-19 21_05_18-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Final result looks like this.

Blurred some text. But this way you can add multi choice from a form into a multi choice column in SharePoint

2022-01-19 21_07_38-General (DEMO-ONLINE-FORM) _ Microsoft Teams.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,547)