cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalkac
Regular Visitor

Microsoft List to auto populate Task in Teams?

Hello!  I am having trouble creating an item in Microsoft Lists (tested in SharePoint Browser and the List in Teams) and having it automatically create a task in Microsoft Teams.  

I have tried using the templates "Create a Planner task for a selected item in SharePoint" and "Create a new Planner task for each new SharePoint item and post to Teams".  

I have tested multiple times have been unsuccessful.  I am not sure if I am missing something specific in one of the Flow fields, if there is a bug, or it is just not compatible at this time?   Thank you so much in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @kalkac 

I’ve tried to use the template ‘Create a new Planner task for each new SharePoint item and post to Teams’, and my test result is successful.

I think the error of your flow comes from column field names.

If you want to use the dynamic content like ‘Name’ for sharepoint and ‘Description’ for sharepoint, then you will need to ensure that the two column field names exist in your sharepoint list.

If your list doesn’t have two columns whose field names are ‘Title’ and ‘Description’, then you will need to change the two dynamic content as:

TriggerBody()?[‘column field name’]

In the template:

The dynamic content ‘Name’ for sharepoint is (the same logic applies to the dynamic content ‘Description’):

2.24-4.PNG

And you can see the column field name of the dynamic content ‘Name’ is ‘Title’.

You can find column field name in the URL of the column as below:

2.24-5.PNG

If you still have the problem, please feel free to let me know. And could you please take a screenshot of your error details and your flow?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @kalkac 

I’ve tried to use the template ‘Create a new Planner task for each new SharePoint item and post to Teams’, and my test result is successful.

I think the error of your flow comes from column field names.

If you want to use the dynamic content like ‘Name’ for sharepoint and ‘Description’ for sharepoint, then you will need to ensure that the two column field names exist in your sharepoint list.

If your list doesn’t have two columns whose field names are ‘Title’ and ‘Description’, then you will need to change the two dynamic content as:

TriggerBody()?[‘column field name’]

In the template:

The dynamic content ‘Name’ for sharepoint is (the same logic applies to the dynamic content ‘Description’):

2.24-4.PNG

And you can see the column field name of the dynamic content ‘Name’ is ‘Title’.

You can find column field name in the URL of the column as below:

2.24-5.PNG

If you still have the problem, please feel free to let me know. And could you please take a screenshot of your error details and your flow?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi!  I'm not sure why I keep getting this error when I click accept as solution, but it will not let me accept.  I have tried to paste directly in my browser with the same response.  Thank you for your assistance with this, I was able to get the flow working! 🙂

fail.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (58,564)