cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Eliot
Level: Powered On

Microsoft Outlook 365 'Get emails (V3)' and the Outbox

I'm trying to simply fire, and get results from a 'Get emails (V3)' action, and my Outbox folder*. 

Notes:

• I've tried HTML, Rich Text, and Plain Text emails.
  • All or any other folder works.
  • There's no annotation about 'Outbox' in the documentation.
  • I've googled, and searched here.

I'm wondering if ...

• ... maybe there's a limitation that it doesn't see the entities in the Outbox folder as emails as they're still perhaps technically considered in a 'draft' status.
  • ... perhaps, it's something around the ID of the Outbox folder. Since I have noted that you can't get to your Outbox in Outlook 365 online. Well, not without difficulty (add it as a favourite in client, but it looks and acts very differently on outlook DOT office DOT com/mail/outbox ) anyway.

I dunno. Can anyone help?

EDIT - For clarity:

• I have tried every combination of options in the action (including advanced options).
  • There are mails in the box.
  • I get the same results with or without them in there.
  • I've got the same results even if I move received emails in to there.

Here's some imagery:asd

Clipboard01.jpgOpened up the flow here, but have tried all options. Clipboard02.jpgRule to defer sending of emails. Clipboard03.jpgEvidence of emails pending send.

Clipboard04.jpgEvidence of copied emails from inbox. Clipboard05.jpgResult of scan on Outbox.

Best

Eliot

* There are emails that are being held there for a number of hours, to be sent as and when the time is right.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft Outlook 365 'Get emails (V3)' and the Outbox

Hi @Eliot ,

Please check online doc and get mode details about known issues and limitations of Office 365 connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#known-issues-and-limitations

There is no mention here that we can't get the emails in the outbox. I did a test on my side and got the expected results. There is no mail in the current outbox, so the output is empty.

2.PNG

Please make sure that there are unsent messages in the outbox while the Flow is triggered.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Eliot
Level: Powered On

Re: Microsoft Outlook 365 'Get emails (V3)' and the Outbox

Hi, @v-bacao-msft , perhaps to fully test this you might want to defer the sending of 3 or 4 emails, so that they sit in the outbox, then run it again?

PS - I've worked on helpdesks all my life, and I appreciate the 'assume nothing' nature of asking me if there are emails in the outbox. However, I would have to say, for the sake of the question, I think it'd be safe to say that I'd not be asking this otherwise.

Also, I didn't want to get in to what I was fully trying to accomplish with the check, because I didn't want to get stuck in to "solutionising" with folks ;-).

@v-bacao-msft wrote:

Hi @Eliot ,

Please check online doc and get mode details about known issues and limitations of Office 365 connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#known-issues-and-limitations

There is no mention here that we can't get the emails in the outbox. I did a test on my side and got the expected results. There is no mail in the current outbox, so the output is empty.

2.PNG

Please make sure that there are unsent messages in the outbox while the Flow is triggered.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,721)