cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DavidLozzi
Level: Powered On

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFileLockException

I have used the template for saving email attachments to SharePoint library. I modified it to target a specific email I get weekly from ops, which has an Excel file attached. All I want to do is upload that attachment to the same SP Library with the same file name. I have a separate flow listening on that SP library for modified files, and then it parses the Excel file for me and alerts me to my content. 

Today, I got the email and the flow ran, but I got this error. I haven't touched the existing file in about a week.

{
"status": 423,
"message": "The file https://twodegrees1.sharepoint.com/teams/LozziPlayground/Shared Documents/test-Meaningful Work Metrics v2 Dashboard.xlsx is locked for shared use by david.lozzi@slalom.com [membership].\r\nclientRequestId: 0fc5f713-34e5-4cc7-a40d-894584d6aa58\r\nserviceRequestId: ffaac69e-e0ac-8000-a56d-17f91e9e4597;ffaac69e-b0b4-8000-a56d-1b7141aee703",
"errors": [
"-2147018894",
"Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFileLockException"
]
}

Is there a way to force an overwrite or unlock the file? If I try to delete the file through SP it errors similarily cant delete.gif

(I appended test- to the file name, both flows know about the new file name)

When I go into the Excel file, I see that I am also editing the file. im editing too.gif

Which is leading me to believe that Flow hasn't let go of it, over a week ago... It's been a week, I haven't touched it, I've rebooted my laptop numerous times, it's gotta be flow holding on for dear life...
Lozzi
slalom
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFileLockException

Hi @DavidLozzi ,

It seems that an action in Flow caused the file to be checked out. Could you manually check it in SharePoint library?

When the action inside Flow edits the file, the connection account will check out the file for change.

You could turn this Flow off and the file will be checked in automatically.

Or you could use “Send HTTP request to SharePoint” action to check in the file.

Please check this thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Allow-to-check-in-check-out-and-publish-files-in-a-Sh...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,986)