cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Towaiji
Helper II
Helper II

Microsoft flow file save auto number

I'm trying to create a flow where it saves a file once received and number them, as of now i am at 1021 so once this automation starts, it needs to number these files starting at 1022 + 1 for attachment received.

I tried looking for an expression ended up using range (1022, 1) but it saves the files as [1022].pdf

is there a way to do this?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Towaiji  you can use add(123,1) to sum 123+1 = 124

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

But wouldn't this save all my files under 124?

Remember i want it to auto count starting from 123 onwards..

oh @Towaiji  like auto increment ID right? What I do to solve that is create a sharepoint list an use the ID value that I get when I create a new record. You can add a record with what ever you need.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

do you have a link to a tutorial on how I can do that? 

sure @Towaiji  here you find how to create a sahrepoint list https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFojgadmpzQ

and then in Power Automate use the action create Item to add new records and after that you can use the ID that I mention, and every time your flow runs this ID is going to be autoincremental.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata 

can you please make a tutorial or show me a picture of how to connect the list to name creation in flow

Most of my flows require incremented numbers by 1 so its simple but I dont know how to do it

Regards

shure @Towaiji  if you have already a list created so just clic con + an add an action called create item

lista.PNG

the just fill the data with anything, we just need the ID, see in my next step I add another action called compose and add a propertie called ID, that ID is autoincremental if you test you flow you are going to see for the firts test 1, an then if you run again 2.. etc etc

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,826)