cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leo225
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft forms to planner; create a new bucket based on submitted form

Hello, as the title suggests, I am currently building a flow for my organization that does the following:

An onboarding form is filled out.

All operations team members get a ping thru e-mail with the information they need to begin the onboarding process.

They also get a message in our Microsoft Teams channel telling all of us that a new onboarding form has been filled and to check tasks.

The flow also creates tasks for each operation teams member to do specific tasks for the onboarding process.

This works great.  However, my boss asked me what happens when we have to do multiple onboarding at once using the same onboarding form?

I told him it would be all in the same bucket within planner.

He asks if it is possible to separate two onboarding form tasks in planner.  I told him, it would be possible if we had two seperate forms for each onboarding process.  Of course he doesn't like that and neither do I.  Having multiple onboarding forms would make no sense.

So autogenerating a new bucket based on the new hire's name data extracted from the onboarding form would be the absolutely best solution and I can't seem to get this to function.

Ideally, if two onboarding forms are filled out, what I want to see in planner is New Employee A showing up in the first bucket, Employee B would show up in a second bucket automatically.

Can anyone please advise on how I can make this happen?  Thank you very much for your time.

As you can see, we have one employee onboarding process in 1 bucket, if a person fills out another onboarding form, I want the tasks to fill out a new bucket without having to create a seperate form in order to link it to the 2nd bucket.  I want the form itself to generate a new bucket.  Is that possible?As you can see, we have one employee onboarding process in 1 bucket, if a person fills out another onboarding form, I want the tasks to fill out a new bucket without having to create a seperate form in order to link it to the 2nd bucket. I want the form itself to generate a new bucket. Is that possible?

P.S.  Here is a screenshot of tasks generated from a submitted form, works well when we onboard one employee at a time.  If during the onboarding process of this employee, if a supervisor fills out another onboarding form, how do I make it automatically populate a new bucket?  Greatly appreciate the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Leo225,

Yes, I have tested your method, it could work. You are on the right way. Please continue it and if you have any problem during creating it, please contact us.

Annotation 2019-11-22 105321.pngAnnotation 2019-11-22 105257.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Leo225
Frequent Visitor

Would something like this work?  I am not allowed to test it yet (because I am off the clock at the moment), but am I close?  Thanks!

Annotation 2019-11-21 163030.jpg

Hi @Leo225,

Yes, I have tested your method, it could work. You are on the right way. Please continue it and if you have any problem during creating it, please contact us.

Annotation 2019-11-22 105321.pngAnnotation 2019-11-22 105257.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi, thank you for your response.

I was able to run a test today using the flow I created.  Unfortunately, the flow failed.

I removed the bucket id from the create task flow hoping that it would know to create the tasks under the newly created bucket, but none of the tasks appear.

Is there an expression I can place in the Bucket ID field to 'create a task' to make it appear under the newly created bucket?  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 11.51.10 AM.png

Hi, nevermind got it to work.  I should have looked more carefully at your example.  Changing the bucket ID to 'id' using the dynamic content worked!  Thanks again.

Hi @Leo225,

If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Hi, first time using these forums and I must be blind, but for the life of me I can't find the "accept as solution" button anywhere! 😞 . Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,908)