cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jcleung
Level: Powered On

Microsoft won't recognize OneDrive account

Hi - Microsoft isn't recognizing my newly-created OneDrive account that I want to copy files to. 

I'd like to copy files from one OneDrive account ("account #1") to another OneDrive account ("account #2") using Flow. Logged into account #2, I've selected accounted #1 as the originator of the documents. However, when I try to sign into account #2 as the receiver of the documents, Microsoft gives me this error message: 

"That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."

Correlation Id: c52c25a0d59845b4a4fa46f6df4fd335
Timestamp: 2019-06-26T18:4Capture.JPG8:26.876Z

I'm literally logged into account #2! What do you mean account #2 doesn't exist? Smiley LOL

I've even tried clearing my cache, cookies, waiting a day, etc. Someone please help me 🙂 Thank you so much in advance!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Microsoft won't recognize OneDrive account

Hi @jcleung 

There are two connectors for onedrive:

1. OneDrive for Business 

2. OneDrive. 

You should be connecting to the 1. OneDrive for Business for this connection to work. Can you please try this and check if you are continuing to face the error? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @jcleung 

There are two connectors for onedrive:

1. OneDrive for Business 

2. OneDrive. 

You should be connecting to the 1. OneDrive for Business for this connection to work. Can you please try this and check if you are continuing to face the error? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

jcleung

Hi @yashag2255,

Thank you so much!! You're right, my account #2 was a OneDrive for Business account. I actually had no idea until you informed me now. 

Now...this brings me to another question. Upon testing the Flow, I've realized that I can copy any files I create in a specific folder to another folder in my OneDrive account #1. However, any files I create within a folder within that specific folder will not copy over to account #1. So it seems as if the Flow is not inclusive to folders - only files. I'd have to create separate Flows for every file folder I have my account #2. Visually - 

OneDrive for Business: Parent folder > second folder 

*only document files in Parent folder copy to personal OneDrive account

*files in second folder do not copy over.

*folders in Parent folder do not copy over.

Is there a way I can create this Flow inclusively for all files, within every folder, that I create within the specified parent folder on my OneDrive for Business Account ("account #2")? 

Again, thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

HI @jcleung 

Yes! There are some limitations to the connector. One of those is, youcould just get 20 files from the files action and so on. For the folder within a folder, you have to use separate actions. One work around could be, get the files, use an apply to each, check if the current item is folder, if it is then get into the folder and extract files and create those on the destination and if no, simply copy the file to the destination. (Makes sense?)

Hope this Helps!

jcleung

Hi @yashag2255,

Thank you for your help! That's unfortunate. I was looking for a comprehensive fix - such that I would only need to create one Flow for all the folders and files that I'd like copied from one OneDrive account to the other. Looks like I'm going to have to create separate Flows for every individual folder. And I don't want to do any more post-file copying organization than necessary. 

Thank you so much anyway! I'll keep at it and see if I can make this process a little simpler on myself. Thanks so much. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @jcleung 

Glad that I was of some help to you. 

If this question/ issue has been solved, please mark this as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,507)