cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mirror a subset of directories on one SharePoint Site to a different SharePoint Site

Looking for help from this super-supportive community.

I am new here and trying to grasp everything Power Automate can do.  I have searched the templets and forums and have yet to find specifically anything asked that matches what I need automated.

I am trying to sync or mirror a subset of directories from one SharePoint Site to a different site.  Syncing folders, subfolders and files, keeping them current one way (from MAIN to SECOND). File and Directory creations, updates and deletes need to echo on the SECOND site.  Not all directories are to mirror over though. I assume custom folder properties can be added to indicate what directories copy?

Here is the gist, Syncing from;

myco.sharepoint.com/sites/MAIN/

Documents/Folder 1       Sync=No

Documents/Folder 2       Sync=Yes

Documents/Folder 3       Sync=No

Documents/Folder 4       Sync=Yes

Syncing to;

myco.sharepoint.com/sites/SECOND/

Documents/Folder 2

Documents/Folder 4

The activity would trigger either on a change or run once a day.  It is not super important for real-time updates.

Any thoughts on how to build this out?

Thanks kindly in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @mariner9 

You should be able to do this using a Recurrent flow (Recurrence trigger) which then retrieves your folders (Get files (properties only) to be synchronized.

Loop through each folder (Apply to each) and copy the folder (Copy folder) to the SECOND site.

Try it out and let us know how far you get 🙂

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,301)