cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrown
Advocate II
Advocate II

Missing Dynamic Content in Microsoft Forms

I'm building a flow from a using a Microsoft Form: when a new response is submitted trigger, something I've done on a couple other occasions. The action is to send an email, but today no matter which existing form I choose the only dynamic content I have access to is the Response Id. In my previous flows any response on the form appeared as a viable content item, but today nothing? I'm not sure what's changed or if this is a trmporary bug, but it's not the behavior I'm used to. The problem is occuring for me in both the Chrome and Edge browser, and occurs whether I choose my newly created form, or a form which I've successfully used in the past to create flows with the appropriate dynamic content.

24 REPLIES 24

This could be because the format of the field that you are trying to apply the data is not the same as your form output.

I.e. text to a number field

sammyt1031

I was having the same issue. Try extracting "FormID" from the form URL when editing the Form itself. Include only the parts after "FormID=". Once I plugged in the Form ID rather than the Form name in the Flow, my dynamic content starting coming through again.

spreus

Same issue - Get Response Details action AND switching the MS Edge worked for me to get the dynamic content options from my form to show up.

Jfranz
Frequent Visitor

This worked for me but I had to delete the CREATE ITEMS, seems flow doesn't update well once an action has been setup. I deleted it and added it back in, BOOM Dynamic content. I LOVE and HATE Power Automate, it needs a lot of work.

Chuffing heck!  That is bonkers but it works!  Hats off to you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,279)