cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PRR3
Frequent Visitor

Missing actions (delete item among others)

I have a bad feeling that this will turn out to be one of those annoying questions from obvious new users that has a simple/well documented answer. If so, I apologize, but here it goes...

When I look at the catalog of actions (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/) there are bunch of Actions that are not available in the list of actions while building flows.

As an example: I've got a simple Sharepoint list, 5 columns, a mix of one-line, boolean and dates. I'd like to automate the removal of one or more item. I can select the item to be removed but the Delete Item action is not listed in the Choose Action dialog box.

Delete Item isn't the only missing action - the list of available actions is much shorter than those in the catalog. Thoughts or ideas?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Can you show us a screenshot of your flow?  AS you can see below there is a delete item action for SharePoint.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
PRR3
Frequent Visitor

I know/believe the action exists - just can't find it....

A really simple example - say I want to delete an item as soon as it is created (don't ask why - I'm just experimenting).

Image.png

My guess is that it has something to do with the context sensitive nature of the UI, for whatever reason I'm not able to use Delete Item so it isn't shown.  However I can perform other operations on the item (i.e., I can send myself an email with the item ID).

In the long run my goal is to have three lists - one that users can interact with. One that is a journal/log of all entries created and one that contains the most recent entry from each user.  I was going to accomplish this by grabbing each new item, copying it to the journal, searching for and them replacing a matching item in the "most recent" list and then removing the new entry from the accessible list.  I'm sure there are recipes and templates that will accomplish something similar - this is a learning exercise not a production-level project.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Its there, the actions are just not sorted alphabetically. Try searching for Delete.  AS you can see from the screenshot below, I've done the same thing you did, and delete is there.  Its just further down the list.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
PRR3
Frequent Visitor

Thanks - I found it!

Looking through the whole list top to bottom it wasn't there in any order (even after selecting "See more"), however searching for it worked.  After I had used it once, then it showed up in the list the next time I added an action.   Probably makes sense - scrolling through a list of thousands of actions wouldn't be very useful...

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,893)