cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
learningCRM
Frequent Visitor

Missing field in dynamic content for Azure Devops

Using an Azure Devops trigger (When a work item is updated), I have an action step (List records) to filter on the value of "Vsts_AssignedToEmail", however when I look in Dynamic Content, this field is not displayed. However in the trigger outputs, the field shows with its value (erased in screenshot).

 

I've tried using the expression triggerOutputs()?['Vsts_AssignedToEmail'], but it returns no results.

 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

 

 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @learningCRM ,

 

I can use Dynamic content-AssignedToEmail here, please try See more to see all options:

38.PNG39.PNG

 

If there is still not able to get Dynamic content through the above method, you could use Expression:

triggerBody()['fields']['Vsts_AssignedToEmail']

40.PNG

Also consider using Compose to get Dynamic content first and then use it configure Filter Query:

42.PNG

 

Please take a try.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @learningCRM ,

 

It seems that you have configured the unexpected Dynamic content in Record identifier field.

 

Enter "id" in the search box and use Unique identifier to configure this field, as below:

 

53.PNG

Please take a try again.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SamPo
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@learningCRM Try using 'parse JSON' on the body of the output you get.

Also sometimes certain fields don't appear in the dynamic content window if, for example, their type doesn't match the expected type for the field you're currently editing. Try adding a 'compose' activity and see if the field can be added there. If so then add it there then copy/paste it to wherever you need.

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @learningCRM ,

 

I can use Dynamic content-AssignedToEmail here, please try See more to see all options:

38.PNG39.PNG

 

If there is still not able to get Dynamic content through the above method, you could use Expression:

triggerBody()['fields']['Vsts_AssignedToEmail']

40.PNG

Also consider using Compose to get Dynamic content first and then use it configure Filter Query:

42.PNG

 

Please take a try.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you, I was able to get the field using triggerBody()['fields']['Vsts_AssignedToEmail'].

 

However, now my test fails during the Update a record step.

 

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Bad Request</TITLE> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"></HEAD> <BODY><h2>Bad Request - Invalid URL</h2> <hr><p>HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.</p> </BODY></HTML>

 

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

Hi @learningCRM ,

 

It seems that you have configured the unexpected Dynamic content in Record identifier field.

 

Enter "id" in the search box and use Unique identifier to configure this field, as below:

 

53.PNG

Please take a try again.

 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you Barry for your help. I followed your advice and it works but only when I update the task WITHOUT an owner. However I want to also update the Task Owner based on the AssignedToEmail from Azure Devops and I get this error. 

 

"status": 502,
"message": "--batchresponse_f20bf421-246c-47f5-9d3c-ea10913cee62\r\nContent-Type: application/http\r\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: binary\r\n\r\nHTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error\r\nREQ_ID: c3789cfa-ec22-4457-a8ff-69e1e6d14ef5\r\nContent-Type: application/json; odata.metadata=minimal\r\nOData-Version: 4.0\r\n\r\n{\"error\":{\"code\":\"0x0\",\"message\":\"Empty segment encountered in request URL. Please make sure that a valid request URL is specified.\",\"innererror\":{\"message\":\"Empty segment encountered in request URL. Please make sure that a valid request URL is specified.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

I figured it out! I had to update the Owner Type as well.

 

Capture.PNG

I figured it out! I had to update the Owner Type as well.

 

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (61,595)