cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jack_summers

Monthly Report for Deleted files and folders

Hello,

Wondering if someone can help, looking to create automated reports without user interaction just runs on a schedule every month which will show me what has been deleted in each sharepoint site, when and by who over the past month?

This is possible to do manually in the security section of office 365 and run the audit report for deleted items with a date range but i want to do it automatically.

Cheers

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jack_summers ,

The function to get data from the Recycle bin data in Microsoft flow currently.

And if you want to send the report every month every week, you could create  two flows from each list to achieve the requirement.

The first flow should be triggered when an item is deleted, and you could save the deleted time, deleted by, item title, list name in a excel table.

The second floe should run every month to get items from the excel table, create html table to it and send the table in an email report.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @jack_summers  you can automate this but I recommend you not because you need to create a flow per site and add conditions, so is more easy to keep using the audit report.

So if you want to automate the actions to get the office 365 audit report is better and you can use RPA module with UI flows.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hello Thank you for your reply how would i be able to automate this using RPA module with UI flows.

I work for a company that manages multiple tenancys so we would like to do this and then email the relevant people without the need for human interaction, which is why I thought a flow would work?

Kind Regards

Jack Summers

@jack_summers 

As @ChristianAbata  mentioned, I do not recommend automating the requirement as it you may need to write flows with many actions. They are very expensive API calls to get desired data.

If you still want to do it, then you can check MS Graph API to get site usage details:

/reports/getSharePointSiteUsageDetail(period='{period_value}')

/reports/getSharePointSiteUsageDetail(date={date_value})

Above APIs have Is Deleted property.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/reportroot-getsharepointsiteusagedetail?view=graph-rest-1...

Please let me know if you need help with this.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Would it be possible to create a flow to pull the Recycel bin data instead of pointing to the audit log search?

Kind Regards

Jack

@jack_summers 

I recommend using Azure Automation Runbooks or Logic Apps with PowerShell scripts to generate the reports. PowerShell libraries have more access.

I do not recommend Power Automate for your requirement.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Hi @jack_summers ,

The function to get data from the Recycle bin data in Microsoft flow currently.

And if you want to send the report every month every week, you could create  two flows from each list to achieve the requirement.

The first flow should be triggered when an item is deleted, and you could save the deleted time, deleted by, item title, list name in a excel table.

The second floe should run every month to get items from the excel table, create html table to it and send the table in an email report.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,126)