cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haseltonk

Move (Copy and delete) a file following approval

I have a flow where an approval process is triggered when a document is dropped into SharePoint.  Everything works great except for the final step, which is moving the file, once it's been approved) into a new folder.  I have been using the "If you Approve a new file in SharePoint, move it to a different folder" template as a guide, since that's essentially what I'm doing, just with many steps before that point.  

The "copy file" step works properly, creating a duplicate of the original file into the new subfolder.  The issue I'm having is the next step, which is to delete the file from the original folder that its dropped into.  There are no errors or warnings, and this is how the flow is build.  Any guidance would be appreciated, I'm great with many MS products but Flow isn't one of them so please basic explanations in plain English would be very helpful! 

Screenshot 2020-10-30 155315.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @haseltonk 

Can you please refer to the below link?

Move File 

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to put a delay after the file is copied, see if the system needs time to release the temp file created during the move process.

sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @haseltonk 

I suggest to use the Move File action instead of copy and delete. Please try it out and let us know.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

@sudharsan1985 The action described in the Move File link you provided says to use the steps of copy and delete.  Did you mean to link a different URL?

sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @haseltonk 

Can you please refer to the below link?

Move File 

-Sudharsan K...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,714)