cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damooji
Frequent Visitor

Move Email

Perhaps the simple answer is no, but here my situation.

Request: can Power Automate be used to extract emails and save them to SP or OneDrive, as an email format (i.e. .eml)

Yes, I was able to get it to work......however

When testing, instead of extracting/moving emails from the user who triggered the flow, as the author of the flow my emails were manipulated (oddly I was the only owner yet still allowed my emails to be touched?).  

So..is there a way, so that the email actions work for the user who triggered the flow and not the author?

BTW - this is being done by using a SP list, user enters the total emails they have in a designated folder that they want to have copies of.   This is NOT the route we waned to take, however majority of users only have access to OWA and are not able to download or move them to OneDrive (config settings that can't be changed)

1 REPLY 1
Mark-Shenouda
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,
Hope you are well,
Can you please provide more details about the trigger that you are using and the flow actions used to move the mails in the flow?
Have you Shared the flow with other users who will trigger it ?
For example you can test using a simple button flow and use "Get Emails V3" action , Share the flow Run the flow by two different users and check the Output for the "Get Emails V3" action for each run.
Based on the runs you will see it will get the mail of the user who triggered the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,461)