cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Move File - Version History not mainatined

Requirement:

1. Users create a document in a Library in Site Collection 1.

2. Once the document is reviewed, Flow moves the document from that working library in Site Collection 1 to a Centralised Library in Site Collection 2 , using Move File action.

3. When it is moved for the first time the Destionation Library shoudl have the document with Version 1.0.

4. Users update the document in Site Collection 1 and once reviewed Flow moves the updated document again to the Centralised Library in Site Collection 2. But this time the Document in the destination should have Version 2.0.

Issue:

All the above works fine except it always creates Version 1.0 in the destination library.  I am using Replace property in the Move File action.

When I tested uploading the same document directly in the destination library it creates next versions 2.0, 3.0 etc. but when moved the file using Flow action it is always creating version 1.0.

I also tested moving the file manually from the source library to the destination library using the Move option for the item, even in this case it always creates version 1.0.

Our requirement is to maintain the version history for the documents in the Destination Library. In the previous classic sites we were using the OOB "Send To" option to move the file which used to keep the version history and we are trying to reproduce the same in the Modern Sites using Flow.

Kindly Suggest!

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NagJoshi,

I assume that whenever a document is moved to SharePoint library, it will be considered as a new file but not updating.

If you would like a feature to maintain the version history for the documents in the destination library, please submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,166)