cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blopspro

Move SharePoint file based on column property

Hi,

I am looking to create a flow that can move a file within a document library based on which column property is selected.  There is a column which has 5 options and one of the options is to Archive.  If Archive is selected for this file, I want to move it to the Archive folder.  The file needs to keep it's version history.  I did quite a bit of searching and have not been able to find a solution.

Thanks!
b

2 REPLIES 2
SCTdan
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Have you created a flow and it's not working properly?  

You should be able to start with a sharepoint trigger, 'When a file is created or modified (properties only)' set to your main document folder.  Then create a Condition, "if choice column value = archive" -> move file.  It will retain the version history so long as you move it (not copy).  

Let me know if that makes sense.

ShadiAyoub
Frequent Visitor

Hi @blopspro 

To do that I am using a scheduled flow where I use Get files (Properties Only)and filter query on the value which I want same as below screenshot. in my case I am using the values in two columns:
The first column: Checked_Out = 1 
The second column: PO = 1 

Capture.PNG
If I answered your question please accept my solution.

Regards,

Shadi

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,033)