cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatrikKotr

Move file when another one comes to that file

Hello guys, 
I have this folder where excel comes in different time interval every time, sometimes its 10 days, sometimes 15. When the new one comes, the first one, older one is not needed anymore and I would like to automatically move to Archive folder. The problem is that names of those excel files are always different codes without any sense for us. So far I have this, but I will be totally honest, I have no idea what does this flow do.. I’m super beginner in PA. Do you guys think something like is even possible ? Appreciate your help in advance and your time

3 REPLIES 3
PatrikKotr

For some reason I cant see my image that I uploadedMarijuana.JPG

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

Yes, it's possible - but - how do you know if the Excel file is the one that you want? Is it possible someone might load something that you don't want?

Otherwise, I would just watch the folder (trigger for when a file is created in a certain path) with this trigger:

Rhiassuring_0-1659838972844.png
Then "Get Files (properties only)". Based on what you've said in this post, you will only have 2 files - so you just need to put a condition "if file is equal to name (from the trigger), don't do anything. if it isn't, then move it to the archive."

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

PatrikKotr

I’m sorry for such a late reply. The newer one is always that one that we need. So I though at first I could do that somehow that the older one that was modified earlier would move to archive and the newer one would stay. Or it would not move immediately but after few days (its the PA in printscreen) but that’s not ideal. I will try it, thank you for your help ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,952)