Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ML147243
Helper II
Helper II

Move files depending on yes/no column

Hello,

I am new to flows and I am trying to set up a file move when a file's archived column is Yes.

I first thought the issue was that the meta data was not the same but I added "get file meta data."

Below is my flow and the error details. 

I would prefer to not copy and delete if possible. 

ETA: I added the archive column to the destination library but I keep getting an error message about the source field owner not matching or missing. 

ML147243_0-1638203891613.pngML147243_1-1638203914113.png

ML147243_2-1638203926835.pngML147243_3-1638203935553.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@ML147243 

Not sure if this will work (haven't tested), but try adding the archive column to the destination library as well.  In order words, make sure that the columns match and try again.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@ML147243 

Not sure if this will work (haven't tested), but try adding the archive column to the destination library as well.  In order words, make sure that the columns match and try again.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks for your reply. I failed to mention that I did add the archive column to that site library as well. I still got the error. 

v-chenzhi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ML147243 ,

Move file action requires that the destination library includes all the columns of the source library.

Your screenshot shows that you have a column named Owner in the source library, but it does not exist in the destination library.

Please check this in your SharePoint and mark @ScottShearer as solution if it works.

I thought of a way as an alternative, please try the following workaround if it helps.

vchenzhi_0-1638252385576.png

Best Regards,

Zhi Chen

@v-chenzhi I am trying to avoid the copy/delete route.

That particular view that I limited it to does not have the owner column. 

ML147243
Helper II
Helper II

I realized that the columns were going to be an issue as I try to add this same flow to the other folders. So, I ended up making a new archive library based on a template from the original library and the move works well now that all the columns in all views match. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,990)