cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msanders
Frequent Visitor

Move sharepoint list items using power automate

Hi all,

I am stubling upon an issue while trying to automate some processes via power automate. As I am pretty new to the environment I was hoping someone could give me some guidance on why I am getting a certain error.

The solution I am trying to implement is an exact replica of the youtube video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN_Jr8GW64g

I am able to follow all instructions, but my issue starts around min 12.00 

I have implemented the exact same structure, but am getting the followin error when testing my solution: 

"Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose_2' inputs at line '0' and column '0': 'The template language expression 'outputs('Get_items')?['body/value'][0]?['{identifier}']' cannot be evaluated because array index '0' cannot be selected from empty array. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'."

msanders_0-1647530451600.png

I have been looking on the internet for solutions for hours, but can't seem to resolve it...

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Kind Regards,

Mart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok so the way you know its empty is by finding the "value". If you CNTRL F and type "value", you' see that the associated data is "[]". This means it's empty, which means you have to back up and figure out why it's empty as first step to find the problem. 

I went back and briefly looked at the video. The item you're putting into the '' on the filter should equal the same values as this if you're replicating the video exactly. Hover over your item and check to see.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 3.34.55 PM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @msanders  try with this

'outputs('Get_items')?['body/value'][0]?['identifier']'

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Babybots
Resolver I
Resolver I

When you click on your "Get_Items", is the output "[]" or is it populated with data? if it's empty ("[]"), then something is incorrect in the items you are retrieving.

Hi Christian,

Thank you for taking the time to help me out!

Unfortunately I am getting the exact same issue when trying your suggestion

Best,

Mart

Hi @Babybots ,

See the snips below for the results I am getting of the "Get_Items":

msanders_0-1647548537355.png

msanders_1-1647548579887.png

Best,

Ok so the way you know its empty is by finding the "value". If you CNTRL F and type "value", you' see that the associated data is "[]". This means it's empty, which means you have to back up and figure out why it's empty as first step to find the problem. 

I went back and briefly looked at the video. The item you're putting into the '' on the filter should equal the same values as this if you're replicating the video exactly. Hover over your item and check to see.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 3.34.55 PM.png

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Babybots!

I selected "country" and not "country value", as the item I am looking for was in column "country". But after watching the video again, I saw that they selected the "country value" option instead

Thanks again! stupid mistake, but without your direction I would still be looking at the compose2 instead of getitem

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,340)