cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWylie

Moving Signed files to another folder help

Hi, Currently new to flows and looking for some help in moving files.

I Have a flow setup to select a file when it is created in a specified folder "E-Sign" and then move that file after it has ran through a signing process which then is turned into a PDF. Currently my flow looks like this below.

JWylie_1-1633107514130.png

My struggle is the flow is currently pulling the "Name" and anything with ".PDF" associated with it. The problem with that is I could upload a non signed pdf and the flow will trigger. The image below shows what the file properties of the pdfs look like. How can I take the "-[Signed]" and have that as the trigger to move the file instead of the ".PDF"?

JWylie_3-1633108023880.png

Thanks for your help! 

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@JWylie 

First, can you tell me why you aren't just referencing the File Identifier available to you from Dynamic properties in your Move file action?

Also, you can include a condition before the Move File action that looks at the file name.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer 

Thanks for your help. I was able to add a condition to target a specific part in the file name to move that file. 

Out of curiosity do you know why the run history succeeds and then fails moments later? I will provide the screenshot below  

JWylie_1-1633115026988.png

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,616)