cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Moving a Trello Card to a New List

I have a flow that is triggered by a form submission and pulls in alot of data from the form to be used to create emails and create Trello cards.

I have also created an action that will update the Excel sheet that all of this data goes to with the card ID of each card created for the person that it corresponds with.

My issue is that I want to have the card that was created be updated by new form submissions by using the card ID to know which card to move. I have not found an action that allows me to move a card yet.

Is there some sort of work around for this or is there a way to update an existing card's labels at least where I can utilize trello's Butler automation feature?

Thanks for the help in advance.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Moving a Trello Card to a New List

Hi @MStripling ,

Unfortunately, Trello connector does not contain such a feature like Move card.

Please check doc and get more details about this connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/trello/

As an alternative workaround, you could use Create a card action to create a new card in the specified board by using the details in the specified card.

Then delete the specified in the previous board.

Regarding update an existing card's labels, I am afraid this is an unsupported feature currently. Please check this link about Update a card action.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/trello/#update-a-card

If you want more features supported in Trello connector, please consider posting your suggestions in ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I've solved my own problem:

Log into your Trello account and go to Butler. Click on Rules and add a rule that moves a card when the card contains a comment. I would recommend making the comment something that you don't normally type to avoid moving cards that you are just manually typing comments for.

Once the Trello Bulter rule is set up, go to Power Automate and use the "Add a comment to a card" action and set it up to add the same comment text used from when you set up the Butler rule in Trello. If these match then you have successfully automated a Trello card move!!

Hope this works for you as well as it worked for me.

*Note - Butler in Trello only allows one rule to be set up from a free account. If you need more than this, you would need to upgrade your Trello account. You can get Trello Business for around $120/yr.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MStripling ,

Unfortunately, Trello connector does not contain such a feature like Move card.

Please check doc and get more details about this connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/trello/

As an alternative workaround, you could use Create a card action to create a new card in the specified board by using the details in the specified card.

Then delete the specified in the previous board.

Regarding update an existing card's labels, I am afraid this is an unsupported feature currently. Please check this link about Update a card action.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/trello/#update-a-card

If you want more features supported in Trello connector, please consider posting your suggestions in ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

I actually considered using the method of deleting the old card and creating a new card but that would delete our notes.

Do you think that there is a way to copy all notes, create new card, then update that card with the old copied notes?
Highlighted

I've solved my own problem:

Log into your Trello account and go to Butler. Click on Rules and add a rule that moves a card when the card contains a comment. I would recommend making the comment something that you don't normally type to avoid moving cards that you are just manually typing comments for.

Once the Trello Bulter rule is set up, go to Power Automate and use the "Add a comment to a card" action and set it up to add the same comment text used from when you set up the Butler rule in Trello. If these match then you have successfully automated a Trello card move!!

Hope this works for you as well as it worked for me.

*Note - Butler in Trello only allows one rule to be set up from a free account. If you need more than this, you would need to upgrade your Trello account. You can get Trello Business for around $120/yr.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,811)