cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kacki
Regular Visitor

Moving a file to another folder based on folder name

Hi, 

I'm trying to come up with a way to move a file to another folder in a document library when signoff is approved. How I hope to do this is to read the subfolder name the file is in, and when approved, it moves it to another subfolder of the same name. I think getting the trigger to work is no problem, but I can't seem to figure out how to dynamically set copy to the right folder. Example below:

WIP (Top level folder)

Subfolders:

Approved (Top level folder)

Subfolders

When the files in subfolder of WIP 1 2 or 3 are approved, move that file to the same folder name under Approved. 

I have 22 subfolders I need to do this for, so adding a flow for each of them doesn't seem like a good option, so you think one flow can dynamically find what subfolder to put the file in based on where it is located?

Thank you for support. 

2 REPLIES 2
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Create an array 22X2 where each row will contain the source folder id and the destination folder id.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
Kacki
Regular Visitor

I'm the equivalent of a 3 year old on this... sorry about that. Can you help me to better understand? Should there be another flow to add metadata to the files created in this folder get the folder info from? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,543)