cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillM1
Level: Powered On

Moving a file when an email comes in

Hi everyone.

Okay, so I've been tasked with measuring KPIs (Emails responded to, and time it takes to respond to them).

I've built a flow which adds a document with the conversation ID as the name of the document into a Received folder. My problem is when a new email arrives in the sent box (when we reply) I want a flow to move the document with the conversation ID as a title to an answered folder. Unfortunately there are a lot of files in this library. So I was wondering if there was anyway to get file properties, but aim it at a certain folder. I've been trying everything

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
jake

Re: Moving a file when an email comes in

Are you using SharePoint online for the document storage? You could try Get Items (plural, not singular) and then using an OData filter to locate the related item(s) you want to move.

BillM1

Hi there Jake,

I unfortunately don't have access to create a list, I could ask the IT guys to do it. As it won't let me choose a folder only a list. All items are 80 characters that I want to search. Annoyingly, I can't seem to get that to work either.

jake

Oh, I wasn't suggesting creating a new list or anything like that.

I would suggest playing with the Copy file action a bit more. Here is one example. I have it setup to copy a file from one library on a site into a different library on the site (and into a subfolder).

2019-05-07_18-20-37.jpg

See if you can emulate this setup (you can insert Filename with Extension instead of an actual filename) and perhaps it will work for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 173 members 4,521 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: