Did you mean: 
camille_
Frequent Visitor

Moving an email when it arrives based off outlook contact list

Hello 🙂

I am creating a flow that should do the following:

1. When a new email arrives in my inbox
  2. Assess my contacts
  3. If the email is from one of my contacts, move it to another folder in my inbox (in my case called CRM)

I've attached a screenshot of what I have - it's not working because I've gotten emails from my contacts since I created it and nothing was moved. Can someone help me out please?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@camille_ 

Hi there.  Depending on your intent, you can do this straight from Power Automate using rules (look for when "sender is in a specified address book").

Another option is your CRM probably has eMail tracking that you can have on automatically to associate emails with CRM records.

But if you're looking to use this to learn Power Automate, then you might bump into trouble with the existing setup.  With the way you have it, your flow will cycle through each contact and unless the email is from the first record in the Get Contacts step, it will go down the "no" path.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@camille_ 

Hi there.  Depending on your intent, you can do this straight from Power Automate using rules (look for when "sender is in a specified address book").

Another option is your CRM probably has eMail tracking that you can have on automatically to associate emails with CRM records.

But if you're looking to use this to learn Power Automate, then you might bump into trouble with the existing setup.  With the way you have it, your flow will cycle through each contact and unless the email is from the first record in the Get Contacts step, it will go down the "no" path.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your response, that helps a lot. Our CRM is open source and has limited capabilities in terms of outlook integration, so that's why we're turning to power automate. 

Will I add the rule "sender is in a specified address book" in the from section as highlighted in the attached? I can't seem to access my contacts from there. 

Thank you!

Capture.PNG

@camille_ 

Sorry for mixing things up.  I meant you wouldn't need to build a flow to do this.  Both versions Outlook (Web and Desktop) have the ability to set "Rules".  Within those rules, one of the options is to take an action on an email if the sender is in your address book.

Here is a quick article:   Manage email messages by using rules

Using that, you won't burn through any flow runs...but I totally understand if you want to build the flow for the sake of learning 🙂

Keep us posted.

-Ed

Hi @edgonzales ,

We looked into setting rules within outlook but came across server space issues so we thought Power Automate might be a better solution. From what you've said, it looks like we should go back to Outlook and increase our rule space. Thanks for your help!

Camille

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,428)